I've been a public radio host, late night correspondent on Comedy Central Italy, voice actor for the Italian dub of Japanese anime, digital art director for a newspaper, and gathered a few million views with viral satire videos. I studied Industrial Design before actually pursuing a degree in Comedy Studies. I produce most of my work, even when commissioned by broadcast networks. I have a hard time when people ask me who or what I am, so I use Aleksandar Hemon's answer: "I'm complicated".
"When asked 'What are you?' I am often tempted to answer proudly: I'm a writer. Yet I seldom do, because it is not only pretentiously silly but also inaccurate—I feel I am a writer only at the time of writing. So I say I am complicated."
- 1986: Born in Rome, Italy
- 1997: First PC: Pentium MMX 266 MHz. Learning Visual Basic.
- 1998: Got online convincing my parents to buy a U.S. Robotics 56K V90 modem (they were not sure what it was for).
- 1999: Started learning HTML, CSS. And English (not enough resources in Italian).
- 2001: Started learning Macromedia Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Discreet 3dsmax.
- 2002: First coming out.
- 2004: First Mac. Founded print and web design company 'Ensemble'.
- 2005: Started college, Industrial Design and Architecture.
- 2007: Veered towards humanities. Transfer to Contemporary Literature.
- 2008: Voice actor for Japanese anime in Italian (Neon Genesis, Code Geass, Gundam).
- 2009: First 1M+ views for independent satire video. Dropped out of college, hired full time as writer and videographer by national newspaper.
- 2010: Started working in public radio as show producer and content creator.
- 2011: Bombed on stage real bad. Decided to travel to the US alone and attend The Second City.
- 2012: Digital Art Director for newspaper "Pubblico". Prototyped UX and UI of iOS apps. Deployed unified style guidelines for print, web, and mobile.
- 2013: Late night senior correspondent on Comedy Central Italy. Founded 'Improv Italia'.
- 2015: Moved to Chicago. Back to college in the US.
- 2016: Met my husband. First solo hosting public radio show in Italy, from Chicago. Graduated iO Theater.
- 2017: Graduated college, BA in Comedy Studies at Columbia. Hosted first solo Italian TV show for Discovery Networks Int'l, from Chicago.
- 2018: Founded The Hoomanist
A sketch-art portrait of me that a stranger made while I was relaxing at the lake. I turned it into vector graphics.
Simplicity, not minimalism
I tend to modify interfaces and color temperature to accomodate a warmer, darker look. It's easier on the eyes, it's better at night, it's optimal for OLED screens. That's why this website is just black and light gray.
A Slice of Me
If you feel that my work is valuable and useful, please support me by one of these channels. My job is being an independent creator. Only with your help I can keep creating indefinitely. Thank you.
- BTC – 3B1bgD5hrMJuuS6En1HFJacC3ERVxFgKB6
- ETH – 0x255944617036D1C845d48F2cfC54A9d14e387D2F
- PATREON – https://www.patreon.com/salis
- PAYPAL – https://paypal.me/simsalis/10usd
Hemon, Aleksandar. The Book of my Lives. https://www.worldcat.org/title/book-of-my-lives/oclc/849248436. ↩︎